A key member of many music teams on media projects are the Music Supervisors.
So, what sorts of things do they do?
1. Work with filmmakers and studios in facilitating the music needs of a project.
2. Help recommend and select composers
3. Find songs and songwriters
4. Help coordinate the production of the score
5. Clear and license songs
6. Work with songwriters, music producers, singers, actors in preparing prerecords for on-camera music.
7. Work on set for shooting on-camera music
8. Work with record labels in preparing the soundtrack
9. Be an ally to the composer
10. A shitload of other stuff
These creative men and women help bridge the wants and needs of many involved in creating music.
ARE YOU PLANNING ON ATTENDING THE 7TH ANNUAL GUILD OF MUSIC SUPERVISORS AWARDS?